Friday 24 April 2009

Why I'm blogging

I decided to start this blog to create a forum to discuss the digital library I have created. I hope it's a regional resource which adds to the national web sites providing information for family and local historians.

I started scanning local history books and directories in March 2003, and to date have scanned about 750 books. All are on my web site as searchable images.

About two years ago I started on the Birmingham Electoral Roll. I have now completed the Electoral registers for 1920, 1925, 1930, 1935, 1939 and 1945. I have also created an index which is searchable from my web site.

In parallel, I have worked with Family History Societies who wanted to scan material and create and publish indexes.

Where now? Is it useful? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers